Affiliate Membership in the Society for Nonprofits allows sponsoring organizations to provide our entire range of membership benefits at a substantial discount from the retail rate. Every affiliate member receives:
- Four issues of Nonprofit World: Nonprofit World is the Society’s online quarterly management and leadership magazine. For over 30 years, Nonprofit World has been offering sound advice, case studies, easy-to-read format—all working together to create a leadership and management publication of lasting value to volunteers, staff and the communities they serve.
- Twelve issues of Funding Alert: Since 1995, Funding Alert has been the leading on-line funding newsletter providing monthly updates on current grant and funding opportunities for nonprofit organizations. Readers will find the latest information on national and regional funding opportunities from across the country, categorized by type (i.e., civic, educational, health, etc.), as well as in-depth profiles of foundations. Web addresses included in each listing allow members to connect immediately with grant opportunities with just a click of their mouse.
- GrantStation.com Membership: A $699/yr value, GrantStation.com Membership includes access to all of the following grantseeking resources:
- U.S. Charitable Giving – This database includes thousands of active funder profiles, including independent, family, community, and corporate foundations; corporate giving programs; faith-based grantmakers; and associations with grantmaking programs.
- International Charitable Giving – This database includes hundreds of international grantmaker profiles along with a brief synopsis of areas of support.
- Federal Grants & Loans – This section, which is updated twice each week, lists numerous federal grant and loan opportunities and offers detailed program, contact, and application information.
- State Grants & Loans – This section provides an individual webpage for each state that is comprised of direct links to state departments and agencies that administer grant and/or loan programs.
- GrantStation Insider (e-newsletter)
- Basic grantseeking tools and resources
- Funding strategy and assessment tools
- Proposal writing tutorials
- Access to Members Only Library: The Society’s library provides unrestricted access to over 1,200 management and leadership articles from experts in the nonprofit sector. The Members Only Library can be searched by author, key word or subject. All articles are printer ready and can be used internally without limit.
- Free Job Listings: Our NonprofitCareers.Org website allows organizations to find individuals who are interested in working or volunteering in the nonprofit sector. Each affiliate member receives 2 free job listings (a $100 value), and 50% off of any additional listings ($25/ea).
- D&O Insurance Program: Affiliate Members receive competitive pricing on Directors & Officers Liability Insurance and direct contact with an underwriter through Irwin Siegel Agency.
- Discounted Products/Services:
- Education/Training: Save 20-30% on award-winning nonprofit educational programs from the Learning Institute for Nonprofit Organizations. The Learning Institute’s Certificate Series is comprised of 8 programs that focus on the key result areas of managing and leading a nonprofit organization. Michigan State University, will award CEUs for completion of each program, while the Certificate will be jointly awarded by SNPO and Michigan State University. Discounts are also available on our live online courses (webinars) that address current management challenges and that are presented by experts in the field.
- Books: 20% off of Doug Eadie’s books, Meeting the Governing Challenge and Building a Rock-Solid Partnership with Your Board.
- Conferencing: Discounts on audio and web conferencing through ReadyTalk ($0.04/audio, $0.08/web)
- Credit Card Processing: Qualified swiped processing rate of 1.69% + 20¢ per transaction—one of the lowest in the industry—regardless of the number of transactions you process. There are no monthly fees, and standard supplies (including paper rolls) are free.
- Press Releases/PR: Receive a free annual membership in PR Newswire (normally $195/yr), free ‘Nonprofit Toolkit’ with sample press releases, tips, advice and educational articles, and 10% OFF domestic news release distribution
- Misc: Substantial discounts of up to $920 on nonprofit products (e.g., videos, cassettes, CD-ROMs, and books) offered in our Product Catalog.
To start the Affiliate Membership program, all we need from you is a signed agreement and a list of your members with mail and e-mail addresses. Each member then receives a welcome letter via email with information about all of their new member benefits and a username and password for the Members Only section. This welcome email includes your organization’s name in the subject, and a custom introductory paragraph in which you can explain how/why they are receiving Society membership from your organization.
The management of nonprofit organizations is only becoming more complex and more scrutinized. The Society’s resources assure nonprofit leaders that they have access to the tools and knowledge they need to successfully lead their organization and make informed decisions. Through our Affiliate Membership program, we hope that we can help you to provide these resources to those in the nonprofit sector who need them.
If you’d like more information or want to sign up for Affiliate Membership, please contact us by phone or email.
Pricing Per Member
- 25–100 Members: $40/yr
- 100–300 Members: $30/yr
- 300+ Members: $20/yr